CSTI Clinical Challenges - Taking a Sexual History & STD Risk Assessment • Syndromic Management of Sexually Transmitted Infections – Part 1: Syphilis Update
Defense Centers for Public Health – Portsmouth Health Promotion and Wellness Webinar Series presents the first Reproductive and Sexual Health Webinar for 2023. The theme for this year's webinar is "the STI Clinical Treatment Guidelines Update: Managing Sexually Transmitted Infection." This webinar focuses on treating STDs in the military population and providing the Department of the Navy public health professionals with training opportunities to enhance public health specialty skill sets to address current and future health threats. This webinar will also provide an opportunity to address military-unique public health issues. It will also provide the officer and enlisted community mentoring and professional development opportunities and formal training to develop skills and achieve required competencies.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, and physician assistants. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Describe epidemiology and clinical manifestations of syphilis infection.
- Interpret serologic tests used to diagnose different stages of syphilis infection and implement appropriate treatment based on stage of syphilis.
- Increase comfort level with sexual history taking using best practices.
Christine Johnston, M.D., M.P.H. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
All relevant financial relationships have been resolved.
- 2.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 2.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 2.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 2.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 2.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 2.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 2.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.