Comprehensive Management of Patients Receiving Moderate Sedation
Comprehensive Management of Patients Receiving Moderate Sedation course will be taught in a live setting at the Hospital Education and Staff Development (HESD) classroom at Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center (DDEAMC). The course is developed for Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who will be required to administer and monitor patients receiving moderate sedation medications for intrahospital procedures. The information taught will enable the participant to safely manage the patient through the entire sedation process and identify early warning signs to prevent adverse events.
This activity provides continuing education for nurses. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Summarize pathophysiology of gas diffusion and how this process relates to nasal capnography measurement.
- Differentiate components of normal and abnormal end tidal CO2 waveforms.
- Distinguish physiologic alterations associated with abnormal end tidal CO2 waveforms.
- Select appropriate interventions based on alterations in ETCO2 waveforms.
- Demonstrate appropriate set up of nasal capnography monitoring.
CPT Mark Miranda, CRNA, DNP Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 2.75 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course for a maximum of 2.75 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.75 Certificate of Attendance
- 2.75 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 2.75 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at email@example.com.