The Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CAMS)
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, social workers, psychologists and, certified counselors. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Generate a thorough suicide assessment and effective treatment plan
- Explain the importance of using evidenced based treatment for crisis intervention and suicide specific treatment.
- Demonstrate through role play exercises the ability to utilize the CAMS Suicide Status Form and Stabilization Plan to effectively treat suicidal crises
- Identify appropriate ways to thoroughly document risk assessment and case notes for working with a suicidal patient
- Summarize what resources are available to military and veteran populations to assist in treating suicidality
- Critique the risk factors that have been specifically identified as high risk markers at Ft. Stewart
- Apply suicide specific interventions to include Virtual hope kits, mindfulness for suicidality and cognitive behavioral treatment concepts for the suicidal patient.
- Design a relapse prevention plan to assist in potential future crisis situations
Brad Singer, LCSW. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 7.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 7.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 7.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 7.00 hours for completing this Course activity.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course for a maximum of 7.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 7.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 7.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 7.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 7.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 7.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 7.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 7.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.