CH - HS: Shared Decision Making Using Digital Health, DEC 2021
This home study helps providers remember the essentials of shared decision-making and learn how to apply shared decision-making into practice using the Decide and Be Ready application. Obstacles for both patients and providers are addressed using evidenced based data and subject matter expert experience. Learners are encouraged to download the Decide and Be Ready application during the course and follow along as the presenters demonstrate its function and value as they move into their daily working environments.
The learner must view the training at the following site prior to completing the posttest and evaluation and claiming CE/CME credit:
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, social workers, psychologists and certified counselors. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Explain how shared decision-making differs from other counseling approaches related to decision-making in women’s health.
- Provide evidence for the use of decision aids to facilitate shared decision-making in clinical encounters.
- Describe how digital health tools are used to address obstacles to shared decision-making in practice.
- Apply best practices when implementing Decide + Be Ready, a contraceptive decision aid mobile app, in clinical practice.
- Explore opportunities to expand the use of other digital tools related to shared decision-making in women’s health within the Military Health System.
LTC Erin A. Keyser, M.D., F.A.C.O.G. Presenter has no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
COL (Ret) Catherine Takacs Witkop, M.D., M.P.H. Presenter has no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
DHA J-7 staff, Planning Committee Members and reviewers have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose. All faculty members have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- 1.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Activity Enduring Material activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Activity Enduring Material for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 1.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 1.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.