CAOHC Course Director Certification Workshop
The course director (CD) training consists of eight hours of focused training and an exam. It is intended to prepare CDs to conduct successful 20-hour Occupational Hearing Conservation (OHC) certification and 8-hour recertification courses.
This activity provides continuing education for: audiologists, physicians and nurses. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Plan and conduct an Occupational Hearing Conservationist (OHC) course that complies with Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC's) policies and procedures.
- Apply effective learning principles to teach adult students.
- Evaluate the skill level of OHCs during the practicum.
- Adjust curricula and training methodologies based on outcome measures.
COL Amy Blank AuD, MS. has no relevant financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
LTC Andy Merkley AuD, CCC-A, CPS/A. has no relevant financial information to disclose. LTC Merkley discloses his relevant non-financial relationship as a representative of the Military Audiology Association on the CAOHC Council.
Lt Col John Foster, USAF, BSC, CCC-A. has no relevant financial information to disclose. Lt Col Foster discloses his relevant non-financial relationship as a representative of the Military Audiology Association on the CAOHC Council.
- 6.50 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 6.50 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.50 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 6.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.50 ASHAAmerican Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
Course # is ABIT2201
Intermediate LevelDefense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is approved by the Continuing Education board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology, and audiology. ASHA CE Provider approval and use of the Brand Block does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products or clinical procedures.
0.65 ASHA CEUs
- 6.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.50 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.50 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.