BHC Phase I Training JULY 2023
This activity provides continuing education for social workers and psychologists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Describe the key features of the BHC Model (G.A.T.H.E.R.).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the proper administration of required Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) screening measures.
- Review the process for collaborating with patients on the development of SMART goals.
- Understand the structure of an initial BHC appointment using the PCBH 5As model.
- Identify evidence-based interventions for common PCBH presenting concerns.
- Describe an approach to ethical decision-making in primary care settings.
- Assess a patient with suicidal ideation to determine level of risk and appropriate setting of care.
- Differentiate between traditional behavioral health provider role versus that of a behavioral health consultant.
- Summarize key policy elements related to Primary Care Behavioral Health.
- Demonstrate all required Phase I BHC core competencies.
- Complete all 5 phases of initial PCBH appointment in under 30 minutes.
- Develop relevant evidence-based interventions and SMART goals for common presenting problems (depression and stress/anxiety) in primary care.
CAPT Aditya Bhagwat, Ph.D., A.B.P.P. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Svetlana Kahle, Psy.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
CDR Sara Elizabeth Pulliam, Psy.D., A.B.P.P. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Bradford West Applegate, Ph.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Monica L. Cline, Psy.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Joneis Thomas, Ph.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
All relevant financial relationships have been resolved.
- 20.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 20.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 20.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 20.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 20.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 20.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 20.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.