Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) Support for Team Opioid Risk Reduction Goals Part 2-#7
This series of eight, biweekly calls follows the 8-hour Brief CBT for Pain training designed for Behavioral Health Consultants (BHCs) in the DoD. Each call lasts one hour and includes a didactic topic that focuses on a more specific aspect of pain treatment, as well as ample time for discussion and consultation regarding participants’ patient cases. Active engagement by participants is a must both in terms of bringing cases to discuss as well as offering feedback and suggestions to fellow participants. An expert trainer will present each didactic and facilitate the case discussion, providing their own feedback and recommendations to participants.
This activity provides continuing education for social workers and psychologists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Implement two additional actions to support opioid risk reduction efforts by their primary care teams.
- Identify specific concerns related to long-term opioid therapy.
- Explain how they can support a patient and a PCM through an opioid taper.
Bradford West Applegate, Ph.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Monica L. Cline, Psy.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
CAPT Anne C. Dobmeyer, Ph.D., ABPP. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Jeffrey T. Reiter, Ph.D., ABPP. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Joneis Thomas, Ph.D. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 1.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.