BAMC Journal Wkly: Orthopaedic PA Wkly Journal Club - Ballistics and Gunshot Wounds: Effects on Musculoskeletal Tissues: 25 MAR 2021
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses and physician assistants. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Describe wounds as low-velocity or high-velocity; understand velocity is the efficiency of energy transfer, factors affecting velocity, entrance profile and path traveled through the body, and the biologic characteristics of the tissues injured.
- Summarize soft tissue injury and osseous injuries in both low-velocity and high-velocity injury patterns, as well as, neurologic deficits and indications for treatment.
- Explain non-operative and operative treatment regimens, and the timelines for treatment, and the role they play in altering the natural history of the disease.
- Outline criteria for use of skin grafting or soft tissue flaps.
Presenters have no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.