Amputation Care ECHO: Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) 26-FEB-2020
This webinar will describe in detail Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Therapy. It also discusses the benefits, risks, and contraindications of BFR with best practices in mind.
- Produce step-by-step guide in Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) exercise treatment
- Compare different BFR treatment devices
- Hypothesize potential risks and contraindications of BFR exercise treatment
Chris Deck, PT, MA, MBA
Providence Physical Therapy
Chris Deck has been a PT for over 20 years with a wide spectrum of experience including PACE, an innovative HMO model. Specialties include blood flow restriction, orthopedic and sports injuries, rehab after surgeries, pain management, and manual therapy. His focus is listening to patients, understanding their goals and barriers to reaching their goals, then partnering with patients to recover and stay well.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AOTAThe Defense Health Agency, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# . This live course is offered at 0.1 CEUs, . AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 1.00 Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. Physical Therapists will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physical Therapists may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.