Air Force Special Tactics Unit: Ethical Decision-Making and Case Consultation in Embedded Behavioral
This ethics workshop will address ethical decision-making, the relationship between ethics and law, and ways to minimize exposure to legal and ethical liability in Air Force settings. The workshop will include a discussion of the APA and NASW Ethics Codes, with a focus on the structure of the Codes and an exploration of the Codes aspirational and enforceable aspects. Multiple case vignettes will be used to illustrate ethical decision-making applied in actual practice, with Ethics Codes conceptualized as tools to assist in resolving ethical dilemmas, rather than simply as documents that set forth obligations and prohibitions. The workshop will place special emphasis on the role of psychology and social work in a complex organization (i.e., the Air Force) and issues of dual agency
This CE/CME activity is accredited by the DHA, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for social workers and psychologists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Summarize the limits of ethics codes in defining ethical behavior.
- Comprehend the relationship of ethics codes to other systems that govern behavior.
- Apply one’s professional code of ethics to resolve an ethical dilemma.
- Analyze how politicized environments may affect writing ethical guidelines.
Stephen Behnke, JD, PhD, MDiv. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 3.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 3.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 3.00 ASWBAs a Jointly Accredited Organization, DHA J-7 CEPO is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. DHA J-7 CEPO maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive a maximum of 3.00 ASWB continuing education credits.
- 3.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 3.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 3.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.