212 Combat Support Hospital-CSH Week of CE Opportunities
The 212th CSH is composed of a tightly knit group of nurses, physicians, anesthesia providers, medics and support personnel. This continuing education program is a vital part of maintaining the level of excellence expected and needed in our function as a field hospital. While our optempo is high, much of our workload is necessarily focused on non-medical tasks. As such LPNs and medics within the CSH have limited access to direct patient care experiences and furthering education. These are vital in achieving the level of expertise necessary to providing life-saving damage control medical attention in a deployed setting and austere environment we would be expected to provide if we are activated and deployed. Through engaging didactic seminars led by subject matter experts, and hands on high fidelity simulation we will elevate our medical personnel’s understanding of, and capacity for their profession. These soldiers will be trained to meet the demand of life-saving trauma management required in deployed situations.
This CE activity is accredited by the DHA J-7 Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for physicians, physician assistants, psychologists, nurses, and counselors. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- The learner will identify and apply the Joint Trauma System evidence based clinical practice guidelines as they relate to medical conditions and traumatic injury scenarios occurring in austere environment across the scope of military operations.
- The learner will be able to formulate a plan of resuscitation and surgical intervention for the management of the austere patients through communication, knowledge sharing, and familiarization among a full spectrum of U.S. medical providers.
- The learner will be able to identify and capitalize on U.S., NATO, and partner nations' trauma and operational experiences in order to promote health services support in the austere operational environment.
CPT Andrew Blum, MSN, RN, EMT PLT,
212th Combat Support Hospital
Rhine Ordnance Barracks, Germany
Garett E. Jackson, MD
212th Combat Support Hospital
Rhine Ordinance Barracks, Germany
- 2.00 AAPADHA J-7 CEPO has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 2.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Physician assistants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Internet Live Course activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 2.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 2.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 2.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 2.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
- 2.00 NBCCDHA J-7 CEPO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6955. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. DHA J-7 CEPO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.