2022 DHA Symposium, MHS Clinical Communities Linkage to Campaign Plan, 25 MAY 2022
The Military Health Systems (MHS) Clinical Communities (CC) enable frontline clinicians to drive performance improvement in readiness and health. Three CC led improvement initiatives from the Campaign Plan will be reviewed, namely, Postpartum Hemorrhage Bundle Implementation; Military Orthopaedic Tracking Injuries and Outcomes Network (MOTION) & Musculoskeletal Triage Decision Support Tool (MSK Triage); and Acute Concussion Care Pathway.
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, dentists, psychologists, and healthcare executives. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Explain the responsibilities, and the current organizational structure supporting the MHS Clinical Communities, including the Enabling Expertise, Clinical Support Services, and Clinical Management Teams.
- Review five drivers and key performance indicators for Improve Patient Outcome Initiative on the DHA Campaign Plan.
- Define the required clinical tools and procedures for the assessment and clinical management of mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI)/concussion in a non‐ deployed setting.
- Compare Military Orthopedics Tracking Injuries Outcomes Network (MOTION) and Musculoskeletal (MSK) Triage Decision Support Tool (TDST) functionalities specific to its impact on clinical decision support for musculoskeletal conditions.
- Describe the main infrastructure components necessary to implement Postpartum Hemorrhage (PPH) campaign and detail the benefits of a multidisciplinary collaboration and use of dedicated website for resources.
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
235 East Main Street
Norfolk, Virginia 23510
Chin Hee Kim, MD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Carrie Storer, PT, DPT, OCS. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Susanna Didrickson, PhD, RNC-OB, WHNP-BC. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Katharine Stout, PT, DPT, NCS, MBA. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this Course activity.
- 1.00 ACHEDHA J-7 CEPO is authorized to award a maximum of 1.00 hours of pre-approved American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program who wish to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit must self-report their participation. To self-report, participants must log into their MyACHE account and select ACHE Qualified Education Credit.
- 1.00 ADA
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this Course activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Course for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The DHA, J7, CEPO maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. DHA, J-7, CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Accommodations for Learners with Hearing Impairment
Captions and transcripts are available upon request for all CE/CME live events and on-demand courses sponsored by J-7 CEPO.
To request real-time, streaming closed captions, please contact CEPO at least three business days before an event begins. If CEPO cannot arrange for live event captioning, then a video recording and transcript of the audio will be provided after the event.
On-demand "Home Study" courses:
You may request a transcript (a written account of a pre-recorded video’s audio content) upon registering for a CEPO Home Study course.
CEPO can typically deliver a transcript within ten business days.
For more information, or to submit a request, please contact CEPO at email@example.com.