2021 Nurse Case Management and Medical Management Workshop: Day 4
This four day virtual workshop will provide updated information on topics of interest to case management and medical management staff. The goals of the workshop are to enhance skill sets, ensure medical management staff practice to the standards related to DHA policies, and to provide awareness of current and developing programs within the region.
This workshop is Live on Central European Time. Please adjust your time zones appropriately.
This CE/CME activity is accredited by the DHA, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for nurses and case managers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Discuss two very high risk potential adverse outcomes of hormonal therapy.
- Define Common Transgender terminology.
- Outline the DoD Transgender Process.
- Evaluate challenges specific to the Transgender transition within the military and those specific to being stationed overseas.
- Compare the difference between Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) metrics and Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG’s).
- Comprehend the role of referral management at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center and the utilization function in the military health care system.
- Identify the goals of referral management in optimization of access to care for patients.
- List at least three preventable reasons for unplanned readmissions.
Marsha Graham, RN, MSN. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Christopher Mulla, MD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Kellena Miller, RN, BSN, CCM. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Jamie Brokaw, RN, MSN. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Cynthia Hasty, MHA, MSN, CCM. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
COL Jana Nohrenberg, RN, MS. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 5.25 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 5.25 hours for completing this activity.
- 5.25 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 5.25 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.25 Certificate of Attendance
- 5.25 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 5.25 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: C00048284 Approval Number: 210003651
- 5.25 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 5.25 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.