2021 Nurse Case Management and Medical Management Workshop: Day 2
This four day virtual workshop will provide updated information on topics of interest to case management and medical management staff. The goals of the workshop are to enhance skill sets, ensure medical management staff practice to the standards related to DHA policies, and to provide awareness of current and developing programs within the region.
This workshop is Live on Central European Time. Please adjust your time zones appropriately.
This CE/CME activity is accredited by the DHA, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for nurses and case managers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Describe the TRICARE Overseas Program.
- Discuss current TRICARE contract and policy changes.
- Outline the Supplemental Health Care Program (SHCP) waiver process.
- Summarize the process for disclosure of information.
- Identify instances where disclosure can occur without consent.
- Compare General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to HIPAA requirements.
- Discuss overview of Remote Nurse Case Management Services.
- Explain the role of the NCM within the Senior Leader Readiness program.
- Support continuity of care through the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center OB Clinic, Labor and Delivery, Mother-Baby Unit, and transition from discharge to home.
Jane Yaws, BSN, MSN. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Jacquiline Barnoski, RN, MSN, CNL, PCCN. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Jeannine Smith, JD. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Katie Koval, BS, BSN. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Jennifer Kasami, RN, BSN, AACN-CM. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
- 6.50 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 6.50 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 6.50 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 6.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 6.50 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 6.50 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: C00048284 Approval Number: 210003651
- 6.50 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 6.50 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.