2021 Nurse Case Management and Medical Management Workshop: Day 1
This four day virtual workshop will provide updated information on topics of interest to case management and medical management staff. The goals of the workshop are to enhance skill sets, ensure medical management staff practice to the standards related to DHA policies, and to provide awareness of current and developing programs within the region.
This workshop is Live on Central European Time. Please adjust your time zones appropriately.
This CE/CME activity is accredited by the DHA, J-7, Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). This activity provides continuing education for nurses and case managers. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Discuss reasons why the comprehensive plan of care (CCP) should be done and documented.
- Describe the desired format for writing the CCP.
- Summarize the mandated training and competency requirements for DHA case management.
- Explain MHS Genesis.
- Outline the change in culture towards maintaining readiness
- Identify ways to manage the four Medical Readiness Classifications to improve readiness
- Describe what service member need for a successful medical transition.
Jacquiline Barnoski, RN, MSN, CNL, PCCN. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Marsha Graham, RN, MSN. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Derrek Gibson. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
Kellena Miller, RN, BSN, CCM. Presenter has no financial or non-financial relationships to disclose.
DHA J-7 staff, Planning Committee Members and reviewers have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose. All faculty members have no financial or non-financial interest to disclose.
- 5.50 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 5.50 hours for completing this Internet Live Course activity.
- 5.50 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education Internet Live Course for a maximum of 5.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 5.50 CCMCThis program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for up to 5.50 CE contact hours.
Activity Code: C00048284 Approval Number: 210003651
- 5.50 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 5.50 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.