IOSW AUG 2020 - Ethics Round up and review: Lt Col Miller
One of the Air Force Surgeon General's primary objectives is to optimize the health and human performance of installation operational units through direct operational support of Air Force Medical Service assets. The base OST is a multidisciplinary team of medical personnel with expertise related to mitigation of military occupation related physical or psychological stressors. The workshop will provide instruction on how to work in an embedded environment which will include building relationships, conducting unit-level needs assessments, performing time-limited integration in high risk squadrons, commander consultation and intervention.
We will be training active duty Air Force psychologists, social workers and technicians as well as their civilian counterparts.
- Increase knowledge, skills, and comfort of working in an embedded environment.
- Learn how to assess squadron needs and to apply appropriate interventions to optimize performance.
- Effectively work with multiple levels of leadership and to manage multiple relationships effectively and professionally.
Lt Col Art Miller, Psy.D.
Board Certified Clinical Psychologist
Deputy Command Psychologist, Joint Special Operations Command
- 0.50 APAContinuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co- sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibly for the content of the programs. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 0.50 CE credits. The instructional level of this activity is intermediate. There is no cost to participate.
- 0.50 Certificate of Attendance