VCE 18 June 21: Ship-based deployments on the USNS Comfort and USNS Mercy
This is the monthly Vision Center of Excellence Ocular Trauma and Vision Readiness Video TeleConference (VCE OTVR VTC). This conference discusses ocular trauma cases and vision readiness topics from around the Department of Defensce (DoD), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
This activity provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, and optometrists. A certificate of attendance is available for other attendees.
- Describe the conditions and layout of the military hospital ships.
- Discuss the different subspecialties onboard that provide services.
- Outline the complexities of operating on ship, including surgical screening.
- Summarize most common surgeries performed and the equipment that is commonly available.
- Explain experiences with surgical screening and non-surgical candidates.
Eva Chou, M.A., M.D.
Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Commander, Medical Corps, United States Navy
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- 1.00 ACCME Non-Physician CME CreditDHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers will be provided a certificate of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit providers may receive a maximum of 1.00 hours for completing this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™DHA J-7 CEPO is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DHA J-7 CEPO designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe DHA, J-7, CEPO is accredited by the Joint Accreditation/ Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) to provide this Continuing Nursing Education for a maximum of 1.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ARBO/COPEThis activity has been approved by ARBO/COPE. The Defense Health Agency J-7 Continuing Education Program Office designated this activity for a maximum of 1.00 credit hours. Optometrists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COPE Course ID #: 73103-PB
COPE Activity/Event #: 121983
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.00 IPCEThis activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners can receive up to 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by DHA, J-7, CEPO. DHA, J-7, CEPO is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry's Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (ARBO/COPE), the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), the American Psychological Association (APA), the American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to provide continuing education for the health care team.